Science laboratory of North Town Higher Secondary School is highly equipped with a special facility where experiments are done. It contain equipment, beakers, burners and other tools necessary to complete an all type of experiments.
The aim of Science labs at the school is to impart practical exposure, improve understanding and grasp scientific principles better. The school lab cater to the needs of junior and senior students where teachers encourage them to follow the concept of learning by doing practical under the guidance of the science teacher.
Some of the experiments carried out in the laboratory are,
- To determine the pH of the following sample by using pH paper or universal indicator
a) Dilute HCI b) Dilute NaOH
c) Lemon Juice d) Water (distilled)
- To verify the laws of reflection of light using plane mirror.
- To show that light is essential for the process of photosynthesis.
- To determine density of solid by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
- Survey the techniques of water harvesting.